Background

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Floral Wreath

Floral Wreath - Shown in Fall Colors

I've wanted to make a wreath for the fall for quite a while now.  This one was really easy to throw together with some cheap supplies.  The most expensive part was the wreath, which I got at Michael's for $5.  This is a quick and easy project.

Supplies:

Wreath form of your choice - I chose one made of natural materials, twigs and sticks.  
 
Flowers and leaves in your choice of colors - You can use fall colors, or choose other colors to suit the season or your preference.

Hot Glue Gun
 
Ribbon in coordinating color
 
Needle & Thread to sew ends of ribbon together
 
Instructions:
 
I began with the leaves.  The ones I purchased were on 2 strands.  I wrapped them around the wreath, gluing every few inches as I went along and tucking the ends into the wreath and gluing them in really well.
 
I pulled just the heads of the flowers off of their stems and hot glued them as I liked them.  I also pulled off the green leaves from the flowers and glued them under some of the flowers to bring a little brightness.
 
To hang the wreath, I took a long piece of lace ribbon and glued it in the center of a thick green ribbon.  Then I sewed the ends together, because I didn't want to worry that the glue wouldn't hold the weight of the wreath.  

Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment