Background

Monday, January 23, 2012

Boys Textured Scarf

Last week I posted a hat to match the scarf I had made a few months ago.  The scarf had gone to my 4 year old daughter (she absolutely loves it and wears it everywhere we go) and it got my 5 year old son hinting that maybe he needed a scarf, too.  He loves the color green, so that is the color we went with.  I took him to the store with me and we picked out just the color he wanted.  After playing around with some stitching options, we found something he liked and went with it.



Boys Textured Scarf

Materials:
*H Hook
*Caron Simply Soft in Dark Sage

To change the width of the scarf: Begin with a multiple of 3+2

To make a scarf for a toddler/young child:

Ch 20.
R1: Beginning in 2nd ch from hook, SC in each ch across.  
R2: Ch 2.  {1 SC, 1 HDC, 1 DC} in first stitch.  *Skip next 2 stitches.  {1 SC, 1 HDC, 1 DC} in next stitch* Repeat to end, 1 SC in last stitch.  Turn.
R3-R140: Repeat Row 2.
R141: Ch 1. SC in each stitch across.  Tie off and hide ends.

Obviously, you can just add more (or less) rows to your liking. 

13 comments:

  1. You son is too cute. Thanks for sharing the pattern. Isn't it cool how the basic stitches of crochet make cool textures depending on how you mix them? Would you mind me using this in my beginning crochet classes? I'll keep the link back to your blog and store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scarf, it is so simple but so effective. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, that sounds great! I think it would be great for beginners to see what you can do with just a few basic stitches. Please, let me know how it goes and grab a few pictures if you can and I'll blog about your class. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're in point of fact a excellent webmaster. The web site loading pace is incredible. It kind of feels that you're doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you've done a magnificent job on this subject!
    Baby Bottle Holder for Bottle Feeding By Mothers 3rd Arm

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this scarf! Bought the yarn yesterday! Question: is it possible to use a bigger hook?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a bigger hook should work just fine. I used the H hook because it is what is recommended for the yarn, but it will work with a bigger hook as well.

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for all your patterns, you make them so easy to follow and fun, plus the pictures are real helpful! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found you when I was on Raverly looking around. I was suppose to be cleaning behind my stove and fridge. I am so glad I was wasting time. I am 53 years old and I have just not been happy. But now after reading some of your blog I am feeling better. You are such a sweet looking little and talented you have given me so many things to look forward to making. Thanks for sharing your patterns and allowing uu a small peek into your familys day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, you just made my day! Thank you! Such kind words! :)

      Delete
  9. Oops maybe I should hire a proof reader. Sorry about all the mistakes. I guess I better get back to my cleaning. Sigh! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Did you post the matching hat pattern also, I am trying to make all my Christmas presents this year as I am recently disabled and unable to buy any gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Would love to have the hat pattern if anyone has one. thanks

    ReplyDelete