Background

Friday, May 11, 2012

Super Fast & Easy Flower Headband




With Mother's Day being this weekend, I thought people might need a last minute gift idea.  This is a super fun headband that took me all of 10 minutes to whip up...  and that is because I was wrestling with my dog to get my yarn back!

Super Fast & Easy Flower Headband

Materials:
100 % Cotton Yarn (I used Sugar n Creme in White)
G Hook

Ch 4.  Join with sl st to form ring.
R1: Ch 2.  10 sc in center of ring. Join with sl st in top of first sc made.  (You can also make 12 sc if you'd like a 6-petal flower)
R2: Ch 2.  *(1 sc, 1 dc, 1 tc) in stitch.  (1 tc, 1 dc, 1 sc) in next stitch.*  Forms one petal of flower.  Repeat this around the entire flower.  Join with sl st in top of first sc made.  Do not tie off or cut the yarn yet!

To create the strands that tie around the head:
While still attached to the flower, begin a series of chains to create the first strand.  I made around 100 chains, but to be honest, this is the part where my sweet puppy tried to take off with my yarn!  I was a bit distracted.  When you get to your desired length, make one more chain.  Snip the end of your yarn, pull your hook and make this a knot.

For the other strand, attach the yarn between petals on the other side.   For the 5 petal flower, I just attached the yarn 2 petals away.  Make another series of chains.  I made this strand shorter than the other because I know I will be wearing the flower a bit to the side and not right on the top of my head.  When you get to your desired length, make one more chain.  Snip the end of your yarn, pull your hook and make this a knot.

Simple as that!  

No comments:

Post a Comment