Background

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Triangle Bunting



So, I'm awful...  No posts for the month of September?!  Crazy! Plus, I'm not crazy about the quality of that picture.  My good camera has been MIA since our last move, so I'm having to make do with my iPhone camera.  Not great.  :/

Life has been hectic and exhausting lately.  I've had so many things going on that I can barely keep it all straight!  Luckily for me, my family is amazing and they take good care of this mama.  What a great hubby and kids I have!

Triangle Bunting (Shown in Candy Corn Colors)

Materials: 
Yarn of your choice and the recommended hook for that yarn - I used a variety of different yarns and an I hook.

***Colors changes are up to you.  I made 2 rounds of each color***
Ch 4.  Join with sl st to form ring.
R1: Sl st in center of ring.  Ch 3.  2 DC in ring.  Ch 2.  3 DC in ring.  Ch 2.  3 DC in ring.  Ch 2.  Join in top of ch 3.
R2: Ch 3, turn.  2 DC in sp.  Ch 2.  3 DC in same space.  Ch 2.  3 DC, ch 2, 3 DC in next sp.  Ch 2.  3 DC, ch 2, 3 DC in remaining sp.  Ch 2.  Join in top of ch 3.
R3 and beyond: Sl st in space.  Ch 3, turn.  2 DC in sp.  Ch 2.  3 DC, ch 2, 3 DC in corner space.  Ch 2.  3 DC in next space (along side of triangle).  Continue in like manner - 3 DC, ch 2, 3 DC in each corner of triangle, and using 3 DC, ch 2 along the side space of the triangle.

Join the triangles in any way you wish to create a bunting.  

Here's how I did it:
Ch 10.  Join 1st triangle with SC in first st.  SC along each st across triangle.  Ch 5 between each triangle, then join the next in the same way.  After joining all triangles and stitching across, ch 12.  Turn work.  SC in 2nd st from hook and each st across, adding a picot stitch above each space of the triangles (this means after you make a SC, ch 3 and sl st in same st).

No comments:

Post a Comment